Wednesday 15 August 2012

Review of The Wedding Diaries by Sam Binnie

The Wedding Diaries is the first in a new series from debut author Sam Binnie.

I love anything to do with weddings, so I was really looking forward to reading this book. The Wedding Diaries follows Kiki Carlow as she sets about planning her wedding to fiancĂ© Thom. From finding the perfect dress to planning the honeymoon – how hard can it be?

It is written in the format of Kiki’s personal diary, which I loved as it made me feel that I knew Kiki well. Binnie’s style of writing had me hooked straight away and I particularly loved the inclusion of lots of wedding ‘to do’ lists.

The wedding Diaries is a fun and addictive read. There are some hilarious moments that had me laughing out loud and quite a few times where I felt really sorry for Kiki. One of my favourite things was the inclusion of a famous wedding from literature at the beginning of each month – it is a lovely, fitting touch.

If you are looking for an exciting book chronicling the highs (and lows) of planning a wedding then look no further than this brilliant debut. Sam Binnie’s next book is The Baby Diaries, which is due out next spring. I can’t wait to read it!

Thank you to Avon for sending me a copy to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment