Thursday 30 May 2013

Review of Wish You Were Here by Victoria Connelly


Wish You Were Here is the first book by Victoria Connelly that I have read and I loved it. I will definitely be catching up on her other books, as I didn’t want put this one down.

 Alice is in desperate need of a break, she has been slaving away at a job she doesn’t particularly like for years and can’t remember the last time she had a real holiday. So, she jumps at the chance of visiting the pretty Greek island of Kethos. There’s only one catch, she has to travel and stay with her demanding sister Stella. Stella is a very selfish character and I found her quite annoying at times, she just didn’t think of anyone other than herself.

In Kethos, Alice meets Milo, a gardener at the beautiful Villa Argenti. There is an instant attraction between the two and I must admit that I think it would be hard not to fall for Milo! I really looked forward to the parts of the story that were about Milo and his younger sister Tiana. Alice finds herself feeling more confident than ever around Milo, but is this just a result of relaxing on holiday or could something else be involved in this transformation?

The setting of Kethos was wonderful and Connelly’s writing is very evocative. I could just imagine the little white houses and sun drenched beaches. There is an element of magic in the storyline through the legend of Aphrodite.

This is a fantastic summer read that is packed full of romance, friendship, family and magic. It is beautifully written and was a delight to read.  I was so absorbed in the storyline that I feel as if i’ve been to a Greek Island and back...minus the sun tan!

Thank you to Avon for sending me a copy to review.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds wonderful! Minus the suntan is probably worth it given that you also save on the air fare! ;)

    I'll be checking it out on Amazon. I have several Victoria Connellys on my kindle but just haven't 'got to them' yet. Maybe now's the time!

    PS It's my first visit here; good to meet you, Sarah!

    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joanna. It's a really great book!

    ReplyDelete