Thursday 22 December 2011

Interview with Stephanie Keyes - Author of The Star Child



1. Tell us a bit about yourself

Well, I am a mother to two boys. My oldest is 4 1/2 and I firmly believe that he will be running for political office any day now. My youngest is brand-new, only 4 months old! He's very sweet. I've been married to my husband for about ten years and he is my best friend, my partner-in-crime. When I am not writing I work full time in Training and Development. That involves everything from classroom training to graphic design and technical writing. I am an avid reader and I always have a book in hand.

2. How did you begin writing and what was your inspiration for Star Child? 
I started writing when I was very young, probably around fourteen. Initially it was articles for the school paper, but it very quickly turned into fiction. The Star Child was a project that started when my father was very ill and I needed an outlet for the emotions that surfaced as a result. I looked out the window and saw a single star and that planted the seed about a girl that lights the stars at night. The Star Child was born from that single idea. 

3. What do you like to do outside of writing?
My husband and I are also musical. We both sing in the church choir and he's a trumpet player. I play clarinet, saxophone, and sing. Often that singing takes place at work, in the grocery store, in the car, in my sleep... You get the idea!

4. What are your top 5 books? 
That is so hard. There are so many out there that I love, but here are some that I've really enjoyed. 1) Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Rowling), 2) The Summer King (Melling), 3) The Once and Future King (White), 4) Gone With the Wind (Mitchell), 5) Angels and Demons (Brown) 

Thanks Stephanie!
You can find Stephanie at: http://stephaniekeyes.wordpress.com/about-me/
Twitter @StephanieKeyes
Facebook: Stephanie Keyes

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, Thanks again for allowing me to visit. I really appreciate the wonderful review! Steph x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to all who participated in today's giveaway! The contest is now closed, but thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete