Friday 20 December 2013

Review of A Wartime Christmas by Carol Rivers

I was delighted to receive a copy of A Wartime Christmas to review, as I have heard lots of good things about Carol Rivers' books.

It's 1941 and London is in the middle of the devastating Blitz. Kay lives on Slater Street on the Isle of Dogs in East London, which has been badly hit. However, she is determined to stay positive for her young son Alfie and make sure that he has a good Christmas. However, out of the blue a strange woman and young boy turn up on Kay's doorstep making shocking accusations. Can they be true and what do they mean for Kay's marriage?

I really enjoyed reading this book and found myself completely absorbed in the story. I instantly warmed to Kay and found her to be a very selfless character who always puts other people before herself. There was quite a lot of mystery surrounding Kay's husband Alan and this added a real edge to the story and I felt like I didn't want to put the book down.

I would highly recommend A Wartime Christmas, especially for fans of historical fiction and I would rate it as a five star read.


Thank you to Simon and Schuster for sending me a copy to review.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing this wonderful article. We are the best At&t support,at&t wirless support, Contact at&t helpline,at&t customer care How to Contact at&t wirless support

    ReplyDelete